Sunday 26 January 2014

Sunday Sitrep

Well, its been a while since I did a sit rep, 
I thought it was about time for another

So since the arrival of the Long Arm, I've been playing

first up I loaded a practice piece


I went with some Superior So fine, its always a great player for thread, and the bobbin that was already loaded in the machine, and quickly moved onto some Aurifil Poly, and they both played nicely

and after about half an our and a meter of fabric, I was ready to load up a quilt 


I started off with some Superior Fantastico, but I was having issues, so after I had done one whole pass of these feathers, I changed back to So Fine and finished the job.


this isn't the best quilt I've ever done, but I did learn a lot

and so I loaded another, I was on a roll!  


I went back to the Aurifil Poly as it had played so well


and in no time at all I got this one done too!
But more on that in the next post!

In other news this week, there was a destash sale happening on Instagram,

thanks to Emily for organizing the #greatukfabricdestash


just some of the stash I dug out for the destash, 
thank you to everyone who bought from me and saved me from my overflowing addiction!

I was exceptionally good, I only bought these, and in the end, Fiona and I did a swap!
so technically, I didn't buy anything!


but I am a sucker for Art Gallery Fabrics!

and then there was a visitor to the house!


who traveled with her own hand made overnight bag!

there have been a few other things, you know what I am like, 
why do one when you can do ten things!

14 comments:

Catherine said...

Fabulous quilting Trudi!

Leanne said...

The new machine looks fantastic! I love your feathers, I need to learn to make them too.

mammafairy said...

sounds like you.
fabulous feathers!

heart of charnwood said...

Wow, you have been a busy lady, and fab to have fun visitors to stay! :o)

Judith, Belfast said...

What a wonderful playtime you had! Sounds like you are having fun! Did you make it down to Ceri's? Jxo

Terri said...

Aurifil poly? I had no idea there was such a thing, must go check it out! I am still coming to (tension) terms with my frame quilting…So Fine gets my vote so far but there's plenty of room for improvement ;-)
Faaabulous LongArm. Wow! How exciting!!

Jo @ life in lists said...

You busy bee! Glad you're getting on well with the long arm.

Indianna said...

Looks like you are having loads of fun. I wish I was as restrained as you in the destash as my paypal took a hammering!

QuiltSue said...

Looks like you've been having fun playing with your new toy.

Katy Cameron said...

I love your new toy, and all that you've been doing with it! Thanks again for letting me crash!

Cindy said...

I'm delighted to see/hear you're enjoying your LA so much. Even your "isn't the best quilt" is looking pretty amazing from here!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Beautiful, Trudi, just beautiful!
I know this is just the beginning of a long and happy relationship with your wonderful new machine; congrats!

Wendy said...

just when I think i've got to grips with all this quilting lingo! What's a sitrep?? The quilting looks amazing to me. I missed the destash! Would you believe I totally forgot???

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It looks like you're having a whale of a time with your new friend!