Thursday 30 August 2012

Making progress

so on Tuesday I spent a wonderful day with Di, and this time, in addition to the chatting and laughing, wonderful food and company, and freshly baked cake ...

we even managed a couple of blocks for Bee Blessed!



I left the remaining scraps with Di for a little more fabric therapy, and will aim to get a few more done at the weekend. The hardest part of these blocks was making the decisions of which fabric where!

And further evidence of progress ...



I'm sewing binding!

In other news, the big birthday bag (purse) went down very well indeed!

7 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the BB blocks! When's the big reveal?

Di said...

Good day all round. I passed the fabric onto Tanya. Di x

Katy Cameron said...

Well done on the blocks, and sew faster on that binding, we wanna see ;o)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Terrific xxx

Sarah said...

Thanks for the BB blocks from you and Di! Chatting and laughing seems to be the order of the day when Di's around (not that I'm jealous - much).

Judith, Belfast said...

Sounds just like a typical Bee Blessed afternoon! Lots of chatting and eating cake (& a little bit of sewing of course!). Can't wait to see the finished UJ quilt. Jxo

Second Chance Tan said...

Hi Trudi - I saw Di right after she had had her lovely day with you, and she has given me a huge pile of blue fabrics for the bee blessed blocks. I hope it's OK with you that I have them??? I intend to make one more of the tile blocks with the white fabric strips you had already cut, and then use some of the blues for the new months block if that's OK. I feel extremely lucky to have such beautiful fabrics to choose from for my bee blessed blocks this month - thank you so so much. I am following your blog now xxx