Wednesday 25 January 2012

Winter Stitching List - Mid Winter Update

Apparently it's time to review 'The List!' 

So lets just get a nice cup of tea find a comfy seat so we can begin ...  ready? 

1. Finish and post on time Modern Christmas Table Runner Swap, deadline is mid November. Done!


I forgot to take a pic before I sent it off! 

2. Finish and post Brit Quilt Swap - Pillow Fight, again deadline is mid NovemberDone!


3. keep up with all the Brit Bee Blocks - :)   Yep, so far so good!


For Miss October ...


and Miss November (and she has finished it already, you should pop over and see it here if you haven't seen it already!

December break

Miss January, I have made one and still have the other to do, but it's ok, I still have time!

4. Complete some secret Christmas Gift sewing    Done!


This one was for my Mum


I ended up making a total of 10 of these, (yes, Madness!) one of which was a birthday present


The Teenage Diva requested this for her makeup ... and I am please to say, it is used, well worth letting go on some precious Amy Butler fabric for!


and specially requested for my partners' daughter ...


and I couldn't resist one for the man himself! 

I also made a pouch and decorated tea towels as part of the Brit Bee Secret Santa, but I seem to have not got any photo's of that either (note to self!)

And I made 2 sets of decorated tea towels for my Mum and the himselfs' Mum (another oops, sorry no photo!)

5 Finish at least one of my own quilts a month, whether it's a UFO or a new project.   Yep, seem to be doing this too!


October, Sewing machine cover as part of the Ghastlies blog hop ..


November, Double Delight Done!


December, Pick Four Done!


January, Liz's quilt - Done!


and just sewing the binding onto the Monster quilt, so that might be 2 for January!

6. Finish my own Brit Bee Quilt, I still have some blocks to piece  -  not touched yet!  (there's still time!)
7. Finish piecing Jacobs Ladder quilt - still plugging away at this one, it IS progressing
8. Finish piecing Happy Quilting Stars quilt - not touched it since before Christmas

9. Finish Commission Quilt No 1 - Done!


yes, this is one of those UFO's, it had been hanging around for over a year!  And she loves it!

10. Make good in roads into Commission Quilt No 2 - not started yet!
11. Catch up on the Brit Mystery Quilt - not touched it!
12. Finish Dresden quilt - not touched it!
13. Finish Sassy Christmas Stars - I just have borders to do!

14. Expand the Quilting Service business :) - it's coming along slowly, but I'd still like to update the blog header and create a page dedicated to it
15. Don't sign up any new swaps until the new year!Does Christmas day Sign ups count?  It didn't start until January :)  So I'm counting that as a Done!  So, that means as well as the Brit Bee commitments, I am now in the Around the Bend and Across the Seas (Ab Fab Free Bees) Round Robin, the Mouthy Stitches pouch swap, and there may also be a spring themed Scrappy Mug Rug coming up.  I also started the Swoon quilt along, have fabrics for Made in Cherry quilt along, and would really love to do Sarahs' Stained quilt along - over commited springs to mind! 

I know it was quite an ambitious list, but I make that 7 out of 15 done!  And with a couple of months to go, there is still time to make good progress on what's left on the list, but with 6 quilts to finish, that might be a few too many, even for me!  (even if it's just to finish piecing some of them)

So how are you doing?  Head on over to Sarah's blog for the Linky party to see how everyone else has been doing on their own lists. 

Right, time to go shut myself in the shed at the bottom of the garden - someone call me when it's spring!

Happy quilting!

17 comments:

Hazel said...

I have to go and have a lie down after reading about your busy quilting winter list, Trudi!

Your pieces are lovely - although I'm v jealous of the feathers quilted on your runner, given my poor efforts last week!

Wacky Woman said...

You are amazing!

Sheila said...

I am with Hazel, having a lie down!! I mean, wow!!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I will never get over the size of your quilts!!!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You've fantastically well finishing all those! Everything is looking beautiful:)

BilboWaggins said...

That's quite an achievement, well done!

PS: Hazel, don't have feather-envy, get paper out and practice!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow thank you for the eye candy, shame the table runner didn't end up at my postal address, I love it it is beautiful.

Barb said...

That one blue quilt with the fabulous quilting...love it...love it all!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

all your finishes are great, but that ghastly sewing machine cover is awesome!

Kirsten said...

Beautiful projects Trudi - especially your lovely Christmas table runner:)

Judith, Belfast said...

With over half your list ticked off I'd call that majoy progress (& you know how long our winters can be so you've plenty of time yet!). Looking forward to seeing my blocks (hint hint!)! Jxo

Unknown said...

Hello lovely lady! Nice to see you in the picture! That quilt looks fabulous, all those tiny pieces!

Katy Cameron said...

Woohoo, go you for all those finishes

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Wow!! I love everything in this post, particularly Monster and Liz's quilt! You're fabulously talented!

Quilterbell said...

Fantastic Trudi! I always love your projects!

Lis Harwood said...

I'm exhausted just reading that list! Some gorgeous quilting there Trudi, you must be very pleased. Great eye candy for us sloths!

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Wow, you got great work done :-) I still LOVE that table runner and the cushion is gorgeous too. As are the bags. As is everything!! Thanks for linking up xx