Tuesday 18 October 2011

A Winter Stitching List and a Modern Christmas Table Runner update

I think it's time I knuckled down and finished a few things, so it's a great idea to join in with Sarah's Winter Stitching.  I'll be making a list, I think that might keep me focused, particularly if I print it out really BIG and put it in the studio and on the fridge where I'll see it often! 

FairyFace Designs


So, what's going to be on your list of things to do over the winter months? 

So, yesterday I had a good day, I managed to squeeze in a little stitching on the Modern Christmas Table Runner for my secret swap partner ...

on Sunday I had my hst's sewn together, so I got busy with getting messy ...


there's something very satisfying about a lovely pile of trimmings, don't you think?


so we started the morning with 3 lovely piles of 2 1/2" HST's


and after a cancellation, a bolt out of the blue phone call and some lunch ...




I got this far before the Teenage Diva got home, and it was time to start dinner ...

oh, and I almost forgot, I got my Pea Room block of the month made too, phew, just in time!



and I managed a little FMQ'ing play, but I'll leave that for Friday :) 






8 comments:

Barb said...

Oh...love your runner!!

Judith, Belfast said...

Your runner is fab! I'm not writing a list, in case I faint! Jxo

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Looking good, nice to see you practising your HSTs, hint hint xx

Canadian Abroad said...

I just know that your list is going to make mine look like I am on holiday! Loving our HSTs. Great colours.

Kim Brackett said...

I like your pile of trimmings almost as much as I like what they were trimmed from. Can't wait to see your FMQing. (Hope that means what I think it does. Ha!)

Mrs.Pickles said...

Great looking runner and block!

J said...

Soooo cute!!! we are embarking on a zig zag quilt using the rectangle method -- we think we must do a christmas runner now tooo --- thanks to you : )

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love the runner so far - gorgeous mix of colours and fabrics!