Sunday 15 May 2011

Sunday Round-up

It's another Sunday already!  But it's been a busy one for sure!

I got the Bricks top pieced....


Pattern by Amy Smart from Diary of a Quilter, get yours here!
Fabrics It's a Hoot by Momo for Moda.

Honestly this pattern is so easy, and if you get yourself a chunk of time, can be pieced in a day. 

I also go the Bee block for Pea Room Quilters made in readiness for our meeting tomorrow evening.


And I caught up on the Christmas Quilt Along Sassy Stars...

Block 3 ....


Block 4....


Progress so far in the quilt along ....


And whilst I was rummaging for the fabrics for the Pea Room Bee blocks I found this little nugget...


The colour is really off, definitely a dark green, but really ?  Yup that selvedge reads 1998!  I'm sure I have older fabric than that!  The challenge will be to find something older!  LOL

How old is your oldest fabrics?

Oh and in other news, I got my swap partner details for the British Quilt Swap! 
Now I'm afraid, very afraid! 

Happy Quilting!


8 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I could find older foodstuffs in mother-in-laws kitchen cupboards, LOL, but never thought to look at dates on fabrics

Manda said...

I'm too new to quilting to have any old fabric! Love the bricks quilt! You always get so much done!

QuiltSue said...

You got so much done over the weekend, you must be exhausted now?

sewali said...

I love your fabric choices for Sassy Stars, it's going to be stunning. You've had a very productive weekend.

Judith, Belfast said...

Love the fabrics in your brick quilt, and cute star blocks too. Isn't the swap exciting, I nearly burst a blood vessel last night waiting on news of my partner! Jxo

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I just got caught up on all your fun Christmas sewing! I've been at market and am going crazy not being able to sew all the ideas in my head!! Heading home now... Hugs!

Lis Harwood said...

Great work as ever. I'm also very excited and scared about the swap. I got my partner, read her profile and nearly had to get a paper bag to breathe into!!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Hi, just read your post at SM, lovely to see all those quilts, thanks for sharing. My fave is the, um, back? of Teenage Diva's stars and flowers quilt