Sunday 15 November 2009

Mellow Yellow

I've been working on these for some time, the deadline to have the pair finished is fast approaching. This is the first one, trimmed and ready to add the binding. (now done)

I spent most of today quilting the second one. It too needs to be trimmed and the binding adding. That's tomorrows job.

I've not really done block specific quilting much before, but am very pleased with the results. I'm going to have to concentrate on this next year. I also turned the quilts to complete the inside borders.

The plan, tomorrow morning trim and add the binding, pm I have a quilt group meeting, Tuesday a quilt class at the LQS, and Wednesday, deliver 2 completed quilts! Nothing like a deadline is there? LOL I love a challenge!

Do you like?


8 comments:

sweetypie said...

that is really lovely quilting and a beatifull harmonious qult too rather lovely colours too be well tina

Greg said...

Nice work! and yes,, I like, Sounds like you have a fun week planned.

Jocelyn said...

Beautifully done!

QuiltSue said...

Your quilting is wonderful. The designs you used really complement the quilt.

RosaMarĂ­a said...

hermoso! besautiful quilt!!!

Lis Harwood said...

Beautiful quilting and I love the gold and white of the quilts, great combination. I don't actually like yellow generally but your quilts use it very effectively, like a spring day :)

Ela said...

Beautiful quilting and great combination!

Trudi said...

Thanks you everyone for your wonderful comments, it's always good to hear your thoughts, they keep me going, thank you :o)