Thursday 24 September 2009

All the makings of a few more quilts...

... but this time they are for me! Sorry to disappoint. I've been a lucky girl lately, my partner bundled me into the car with a friend and drove us to the local quilt shop. Where, it has to be said, I had such a treat! It's been over 9 weeks since I've been able to get out and about, so it was a real treat to make it out there. (oh, it's not far, only 10 minutes in the car, but when you are pretty much house bound, because walking any distance is out, the bus stop too far and I'm not allowed behind the wheel of the car just yet, it was delightful!)
An Arcadia Layer Cake from Moda, and some lovely fabric to use as binding. I've already cut this and made 42 blocks, (grin) I'm getting sashing sorted today! (My version of a quilt that recently appeared on Moda Bake shop).
These fat quarters and a little Jelly Tot (20 strips 2 1/2" WOF), again I've cut up the FQs into 20 blocks, and will add more from the jelly tot and a nice white on white. The blue batik, I already have some of this, but my friend Jean was buying quite a bit, there wasn't much left on the bolt, so I got the last of it. It's such a lovely fabric. The green is for an up and coming project, Charlie I hope you like batiks? and the red/brown spot was just too yummy to leave behind.
I'll keep you posted on my progress! I'm getting better at sewing standing, but as the grouting is being done in the kitchen as I type, I may be back at the table next week! Yippeeee!
Happy quilting!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm glad you were taken out and what a place to go! Love the bright jelly tot fabric.

Kim said...

Oh those are some delicous fabrics!
I'm glad to hear I am not the only one tempted by those great ladies at the Moda bakery.
Thanks for your encouragement on my blog :0)
Happy Sewing

Lis Harwood said...

What a haul, lovely fabrics :)

sweetypie said...

i v got that batik too lovely gorgeous fabrics, do you ever actually sleep?i do hope your back is improving we have a lot in common dont we. from tina